Thursday, May 22, 2008

Things I'm Searching For. Any Advice?

Professional Snapper
Little did I know that most small sewing shops refuse to install snaps. I tried a local button and pleating company for my recent batch of budcozys but this experience was not ideal. After a series of attempts, they ended up doing an acceptable job but it was too painful to work with them.

Organic Cotton Clothing Tags
Do these even exist? Or possibly in some other sustainable fiber? I'm pretty much out of my tags, and before ordering more I'd like to try to get them in an eco-friendly form. UPDATE: A great idea came in via comments. Wanted to explain a bit about the tag. It's an integral and functional element to help pull budcozy up/down, so while there are other great solutions to branding the budcozy I definitely want to keep the tag. But overall something to figure out ...

1 comment:

traveler said...

A thought...have you considered using "green" paint as a tag? You could stencil or stamp your logo onto the fabric inside near the top of the budcozy. (like you see in some t-shirts) Maybe it could go under the snap or a letter on each side of the snap...
Sorry, but I don't know of an organic cotton source for the tags.